My Whitby sighting 2002/3ish

LOG YOUR SIGHTINGS HERE
Podshell
Rookie

My Whitby sighting 2002/3ish

Post by Podshell » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:34 pm

C&Pd and reposted here from another forum.

have travelled a bit and seen quite a few things in the sky , most of them I can find an explanation for , except this one from about ten years ago , Whitby , Yorkshire around the time of the regatta in autumn and between 10pm and 3 am (appeared twice , fylingdales Airbase not too far away)

two small orbs of light coming towards us from the hills , these were fixed , as if on the wingtips of a glider , as there was no sound either , they flew straight and directly over head , the sky was clear with stars (except for one cloud out at sea) I knew this was something strange and ran through my mind what it could be , the stars did not dissapear between the balls of light as it passed over me so not a conventional glider , but the lights remaing fixed , as it passed me it swung up and out to sea , dissapearing into the little stationary cloud. Examining the cloud , it did not seem real , it seemed like a cover for some backlit platform , quite a few hours later the craft appeared out of the cloud and went back via the exact same route it came

######################################################################
Reply.....

Quite an interesting report. Have you reported it to the appropriate agencies?

Once, I saw during the day two orbs, grey in color which I at first wondered if they were Hot Air balloons, but, gauging the distance at about a quarter mile I saw they were too small for that.
Then I wondered if they were weather type balloons, but why two flying together, and in perfect synchronization?
Kind of like a set of round barbells, but, nothing evident in between connecting them.
##########################################################################
Podshell

I can't remember if I reported it to correct authorities, I filled some stuff in online once. These/it flew quite low overhead, about the height of a church steeple, so I got a good view and there was no distortion of stars between them as the objects moved.

There is one other sighting that was not fully explained, it was a small light orbitting the moon, there were three of us as kids, in the early seventies and about four years back I came across someone discussing it on a talkboard and she had also seen it, she was getting a bit of stick from other posters until I jumped in to add weight to her story. Now this was around the time of moon landings and travel to the moon, people said you should not be able to see the craft from earth , but I believe it was part of the moon exploration stuff.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Re: My Whitby sighting 2002/3ish

Post by falkor » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Quite an interesting report. Have you reported it to the appropriate agencies?
the appropriate agencies? :o what? who are the appropriate agencies?
I can't remember if I reported it to correct authorities
you can't remember? surely you would :hmmm:
I filled some stuff in online once
to report a UFO? ok let's get over these trifling matters and turn to the real core sighting itself ;)
this one from about ten years ago , Whitby , Yorkshire around the time of the regatta in autumn and between 10pm and 3 am (appeared twice , fylingdales Airbase not too far away)
so the obvious question from that is, do you think it was something that fylingdales Airbase was responsible for?

Podshell
Rookie

Post by Podshell » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Not sure if it was official as such , I only had library access to net then, and filled an online sighting form in , searched in the hope that some others may have seen it, may have been something to do with Fylingdales, but was definitely more advanced than I could fathom. The thread on that forum was relating to cloud-ships , which I had not heard of before.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Interesting... who would you report it too...?

Podshell
Rookie

Post by Podshell » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I have no idea regards the exact 'Official' route, BUFORA ? or something , I thought someone would have known on here.

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:04 pm

BUFORA are unofficial, they are ok but what we need is an official body who will look into there.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Podshell, thanks for coming to us with this, :) how many other UFO forums are you a member of?
they flew straight and directly over head , the sky was clear with stars
so they went directly over head, how far overhead? a mile? 500' ? could you approximate their size?

Podshell
Rookie

Post by Podshell » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Not a member of UFO forums as such, just a few general talk ones, a couple on spiritualism and the unexplained

They were about the height of the average church steeple or perhaps lower, I reckon they were about the size of soccerballs, maybe smaller. They were like stars in appearence, maybe pearly white/silvery very well defined.

(there is also something else that happened that I thought was seperate from the event , could have been a cover memory, it involves the caretaker from the church that was on the hill I saw the objects from)

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:08 am

never heard of a cover memory

do tell more :P

Podshell
Rookie

Post by Podshell » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:30 am

falkor wrote:never heard of a cover memory

do tell more :P

Well when I described the incident a few months back I kept having doubt about part of it, which was when I saw the two lights coming towards me in the distance, the caretaker appeared from behind a nearby wall, with a big light in his hand . or I presumed it was the caretaker coming to tell me that he was witnessing the lights, I did not see him , just the big light and heard him mumbling , as if to say 'Hey quick look there are two lights coming low over the hills' I would need to go back there and see if he remembers to be sure, hat is if he still works there, or hopefully someone reading this lives in Whitby and can enquire, he was/is the caretaker on the hill where the church and old abbey is.

I have read about thes cover memories in such cases , but really want to believe it was the caretaker, some doubts have and are creeping in though