The Roswell incident

Aliens discussion - UFO discussion
mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

The Roswell incident

Post by mj12cz » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:24 pm

So guys, The Roswell incident... whats your take on it?

Was it a weather baloon or and Alien craft?

What made it crash?

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Re: The Roswell incident

Post by falkor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:55 pm

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:39 pm

LOL I vote my self as plank of the week! :blotto:

Forgot about that thread LOL.

I'll lock it so we don't get repeats.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 pm

hehe keep an eye on the "SIMILAR TOPICS" panel, bottom of the topic

this will automatically search on the words used in the topic title and raise any possible duplicates

this is the only reason I noticed !! Roswell is obviously a big one for you Pat!!

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

what really happened 67 years ago?

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:57 pm

The mysterious crash-landing in Roswell, New Mexico is seen as the ultimate landmark event in UFO history
LAST UPDATED AT 14:26 ON Mon 7 Jul 2014
It has been 67 years since an unidentified object crashed on a ranch near Roswell, New Mexico, fuelling speculation about alien life forms that still exists today.

The incident is seen as the ultimate landmark event in UFO history, and provides the basis of an industry that has spawned multiple books and films, sustains two museums at the town of Roswell and an annual UFO festival. So what really happened on that ranch in July 1947?

What was reported at the time?

On 8 July 1947 Roswell Army Air Field (RAAF) issued a press release stating that a "flying disk" had crashed on a ranch near Roswell during a powerful storm. Later in the day, as government scientists arrived in the area, the story appeared to change. A press conference was held and it was stated instead that a weather balloon had crashed. Reporters were shown debris said to be taken from the crash area, such as foil, rubber and wood, which appeared to confirm that the object had been a weather balloon. The incident then went largely unreported for 30 years.
What happened in the 1970s?

In 1978, Stanton Friedman, a nuclear-physicist and UFO researcher, interviewed Major Jesse Marcel Sr, who was said to be the first military officer to investigate the wreckage. Marcel suspected that the debris he recovered in 1947 was "not of this world". He believed he had found an alien spacecraft and that his superiors had covered it up. His claims were later published in the National Enquirer and led to the publication of the 1980 book The Roswell Incident, with more witnesses coming out to support his story.

DazSavage
LLankhmar Researcher
LLankhmar Researcher
Holy: Hunter

Post by DazSavage » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:22 pm

I recommend "Witness To Roswell"
Carey & Schmitt
New Page Books 2009
Do I look like I'm making this up?
Read my experiences here on UFOforums