IS THERE A GOD?

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
wonder universe
Researcher
Researcher

Re: IS THERE A GOD?

Post by wonder universe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi all,

Yes I think there is or was a God, the theory I have God is nature and gravity is its power also is a kind supernatural link too, because Many people say they feel a presence, also claim to have been contacted by angels or are they aliens? on the gravity side, when You think about it gravity holds the universe together and solar systems in obit even holds atoms in place, if people spent most of lives in space their atoms would eventually break down due to lack of gravity, so yes there is an almighty of sort or sorts however, We were designed by something and created too in its own image, I agree with that age old theory so is god all around so to speak,

psychbunny
Investigator
Investigator

Post by psychbunny » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:39 pm

I don't think there is necessarily a single sentient entity that is "God" - partly because in nature, there never seems to be just one of anything (this is where someone proves me wrong!). At the same time, I'd like to beleive that there's something more to the existance we experience now, whether that be in a spiritual or other form of energy. I've had a few debates with MJ on this one, and I'm afraid he still hasn't convinced me away from evolution - I think our (relatively) fast changes are natural and can be explained - yes they're amazing, but I don't think anyone had an extra hand in it.

I don't think I'd like a definitive answer on this, it'd spoil the ending. I like that we all beleive different things.
oOOoooOOOoo...Shiney...

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

the rantings of a schizophrenic

Post by falkor » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 pm

By Amy Fallon

The bestselling writer said the Islamic holy book was “very one-dimensional” and contained “no ­ethical dimension”. Muslims consider criticism of the Koran as blasphemy.

In an interview published yesterday ahead of the release of his new novel, Faulks said that unlike the Bible, the Koran offered “no new plan for life”.

His new book, A Week In December, is set in contemporary London and features a Scottish-born Islamic ­terrorist recruit.

Faulks said that he had read a translation of the Koran while researching the novel, and found it “very disappointing from a literary point of view”.

The author, appointed CBE for services to literature in 2002, particularly criticised the teachings of the prophet Muhammad.

He said: “Jesus, unlike Muhammad, had interesting things to say.

“Muhammad had nothing to say to the world other than, ‘If you don’t believe in God you will burn for ever’.”

The writer, elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature in 1993, went on: “It’s a depressing book. It really is.

“It’s just the rantings of a schizophrenic. It’s very one-dimensional, and people talk about the beauty of the Arabic and so on, but the English translation I read was, from a literary point of view, very disappointing.” ­Fellow author Salman Rushdie faced death threats after his novel The Satanic Verses was deemed to have blasphemed against the Koran.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Re: the rantings of a schizophrenic

Post by DarkKnight » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 am

falkor wrote:By Amy Fallon

The bestselling writer said the Islamic holy book was “very one-dimensional” and contained “no ­ethical dimension”. Muslims consider criticism of the Koran as blasphemy.

In an interview published yesterday ahead of the release of his new novel, Faulks said that unlike the Bible, the Koran offered “no new plan for life”.

His new book, A Week In December, is set in contemporary London and features a Scottish-born Islamic ­terrorist recruit.

Faulks said that he had read a translation of the Koran while researching the novel, and found it “very disappointing from a literary point of view”.

The author, appointed CBE for services to literature in 2002, particularly criticised the teachings of the prophet Muhammad.

He said: “Jesus, unlike Muhammad, had interesting things to say.

“Muhammad had nothing to say to the world other than, ‘If you don’t believe in God you will burn for ever’.”

The writer, elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature in 1993, went on: “It’s a depressing book. It really is.

“It’s just the rantings of a schizophrenic. It’s very one-dimensional, and people talk about the beauty of the Arabic and so on, but the English translation I read was, from a literary point of view, very disappointing.” ­Fellow author Salman Rushdie faced death threats after his novel The Satanic Verses was deemed to have blasphemed against the Koran.

I like it !
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 pm

yeah the bloke is incredibly brave to venture that point of view

but is he right? :tooT:

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:54 am

falkor wrote:yeah the bloke is incredibly brave to venture that point of view

Yep, remember what happened last time some one spoke ill of the Koran!

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:30 pm

falkor wrote:yeah the bloke is incredibly brave to venture that point of view

I admire his brass neck thats for sure.
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''