IS THERE A GOD?

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

IS THERE A GOD?

Post by falkor » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:05 am

Daily Mail letters page (page 58) 11.8.09:
Michael Cohen contends there is no evidence of God.There are many man made myths such as Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and moon conspiracy theories, which by examination of the facts, are proven false.

When it comes to considering evidence for the existence of God, you have to look beyond simple childhood reading of the wonderful and well known stories in the Bible as literature, to seeing it as God's message to us.

There are two strands of evidence for God's existence. We see His creation - from a planet made just right for us to live on (the only one so far discovered in a mind bogglingly vast universe) to the design and function of every cell in our bodies. We can also see God's plan of salvation to rescue us from sin, by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It's a matter of using the right glasses or looking in the right places. Anyone will find God if they look for Him.

JOHN BELLIS, Burton on Trent, Staffs.
  • John all I can say is, don't hold your breath, I think you'll be looking for a very long time my friend
  • Yes we should all use the right glasses, how about rose tinted ones?
  • So this planet was made just right for us to live on by God. What about the poor old dinosaurs? I suppose he got fed up with them and decided a massive meteor impact on this wonderful planet would be good to end their existence. What do you think brought about His decision there? Perhaps that is why He never included dinosaurs in His "literature" in the Bible - they upset him in some way, therefore He doesn't refer to them in any of the "well known stories." Could it perhaps actually be, that dinosaurs met their end through a process of natural [selection] evolution! . . . . . that this planet became habitable to humans through exactly the same process? EVOLUTION.
  • So God has a plan of salvation to rescue us from sin, by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I am tempted to ask for more details on this, but on seconds thoughts John, perhaps I could simply ask you this. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe just maybe, you are deluding yourself and attempting to delude others. If there is such a plan - seeing as according to you it kicked off 2000 years ago, perhaps we could have a progress report of some kind anytime soon!
  • I could say more but honestly what on earth would be the point?

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Re: IS THERE A GOD?

Post by DarkKnight » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 am

My biggest hate to debate topic is the ' Is there a God ' ? question.

:br:

:twot!:
'' It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me ''

AMYROSE
Rookie Investigator
Rookie Investigator

Post by AMYROSE » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:18 pm

I just had a word with god and was asked to relay that being everywhere and in all things at all times is something so phenomenally common and normal that not all of are able to witness or experience it.

Was also asked to relay that words can trip up people as they identify with the word instead of what is being symbolised by the word or the words that symbolise it, which is something which must be experienced and not believed.

Just because a sycophantic Jew named Paul began writing a tome that would enable the Romans to control and master the non material aspects of peoples lives as well as the material aspects doesn't mean he was writing a book detailing the experience of experiencing - 'The everything that contains everything including nothing' does it?.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:32 pm

AMYROSE wrote:I just had a word with god and was asked to relay that being everywhere and in all things at all times is something so phenomenally common and normal that not all of are able to witness or experience it.

Was also asked to relay that words can trip up people as they identify with the word instead of what is being symbolised by the word or the words that symbolise it, which is something which must be experienced and not believed.

Just because a sycophantic Jew named Paul began writing a tome that would enable the Romans to control and master the non material aspects of peoples lives as well as the material aspects doesn't mean he was writing a book detailing the experience of experiencing - 'The everything that contains everything including nothing' does it?.

Are you being sarcastic or serious when you say -
AMYROSE wrote:I just had a word with god

AMYROSE
Rookie Investigator
Rookie Investigator

Post by AMYROSE » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:32 pm

In response to your question and without being cryptic the answer is both and neither.

In my awareness there is a 'source' that is represented in the manifest and unmanifest realms of existance, which people have given all sorts of names to such as god, allah, jehovah et al.

But no I don't believe in the 'god' as represented in the bible which is incomplete and has been suitably edited overtime to control the masses and incite wars and division and notably mistranslated in many ways as well. Neither do the other famous religious works ring true to me but there are elements of the truth in them all and if people are comforted by them and they encourage them to act in a way that is kind, thoughtful and of assistance to other creatures on this planet it's fine by me if they believe in god, allah and so on or whatever else they want - it's all an illusion.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:33 pm

AMYROSE wrote:In response to your question and without being cryptic the answer is both and neither.

In my awareness there is a 'source' that is represented in the manifest and unmanifest realms of existance, which people have given all sorts of names to such as god, allah, jehovah et al.

But no I don't believe in the 'god' as represented in the bible which is incomplete and has been suitably edited overtime to control the masses and incite wars and division and notably mistranslated in many ways as well. Neither do the other famous religious works ring true to me but there are elements of the truth in them all and if people are comforted by them and they encourage them to act in a way that is kind, thoughtful and of assistance to other creatures on this planet it's fine by me if they believe in god, allah and so on or whatever else they want - it's all an illusion.

Thats not helping me Amyrose.

Did you talk to God or not ? Did you have a word ? Or were you just being sarcastic with your statement ?

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm

No I believe that there is a god and Jesus Christ existed, they are just a more advanced life form acting out God and Jesus for our benefit. I guess you could say Aliens are god.
I believe we have had our DNA manipulated to speed up evolution and this planet is just one big experiment. And the introduction of God is just part of it.
Bunny and I have has this debate on long late shifts in the past!

AMYROSE
Rookie Investigator
Rookie Investigator

Post by AMYROSE » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:02 am

Oh sorry, dk, I thought I had answered your question by answering that both and neither were true.

Further apologies but to be more specific you will to need to deal with some basic goodies. These were part of the process used in what I have expressed. Although they were not the tools I specifically used to make this statement they were an important part of the process.

Without pretense or preciousness, it is impossible to explain what I mean if you don't simply understand this – which you may well do anyway. And I believe you do.

Fundamentally, you need to spend some time BEING with the following and then later, should you want to I ll gladly elucidate upon the tools I've used.

Human beings have both 5 organs of actions and 5 organs of knowledge.

The 5 action organs are: speech - articulation, the hand - grasping, foot – locomotion, reproductory organs – regeneration & the anal plus urinary region – evacuation.

The 5 organs of knowledge are: ears – the auditory sense, skin - tactile sense, eyes - optic sense, tongue - perception of taste (gustatory sense) & the nose - olfactory sense.

In the most simplistic way possible my word with god, which was both serious and not serious and sarcastic and not sarcastic arose through focusing upon my direct relationship to these 10 organs and WHAT IS. And, then also through observation, in whatever form, of others relationship to these organs and WHAT IS.

Then by using other facilities & tools I experienced the word of god or rather the language of the source. This can be understood as the dualistic evolution of the macro cosmos to the micro cosmos and visa versa, which I believe is what is meant by god. Of course there are other layers but this is enough for the moment.

Is this of any use?

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:46 am

Well that is one way of putting it Amy... however I don't get what you mean by god, it seems to me that you consider yourself and you existance to be god. However i'm with DG didn't understand your post.

We are talking about God existing as an all powerful being, that has control over our lives, that is the overseer if there is such a thing.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:37 am

mj12cz wrote:We are talking about God existing as an all powerful being, that has control over our lives, that is the overseer if there is such a thing.
yes - this is the wide perception by most people of the term "GOD"

in the DICTIONARY for 'God' it says "the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe."

there is no evidence of such a being

there never has been and doubt there ever will be

to me it is just nonsense

a hang over from the middle ages when people were superstitious and filled in gaps in their scientific knowledge with GOD

Lightning? wow! GOD IS ANGRY

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 am

Agreed malc, if we invented the idea of God to day and tried to introduce it into modern society they would most like lock us under section 136 of the mental health act!

AMYROSE
Rookie Investigator
Rookie Investigator

Post by AMYROSE » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:21 pm

To briefly answer your many points.

Falkor – There is unlimited evidence that there is a god the 'one supreme being' as your DICTIONARY but not my Oxford English DICTIONARY defines it.

First and foremost you have to put aside your preconceived notions of what 'god' is as these are based upon silly 'NON-SENSICAL' notions perpetrated by echelons of modern society in order to deprive you and everyone else of personal power.

The reason I wrote to dk, about the 10 main senses was to introduce to his life a real and knowing awareness of the 10 main senses and bring his own awareness into evidence through being with these 'senses' so that 'NON-SENSE' was out of the equation in this debate.

You all need to develop beingness before you can debate on 'god' or what is. You keep introducing intellectual 'non-sense' based upon INCONCEIVABLE PREMISES,

The 'supreme consciousness' is perceivable to all - it's not intellectual clap-trap like your notions are!.

So start developing AWARENESS of BEING then you can begin to assess the vast array of evidence on supreme consciousness which is within and without all of us and every other part and aspect of the universes. Start using your senses now and then the debate can really begin.

Paxovasa
Hunter
Hunter
Holy: Hunter

Post by Paxovasa » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:45 pm

No, you are born and you die,!
We come in peace - shoot to kill.

I aint no pleb

AMYROSE
Rookie Investigator
Rookie Investigator

Post by AMYROSE » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:59 pm

This link may clarify many things that i've tried to explain - you may have to watch it more than once or even several times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rdYiLAz38

After watching this until you 'get' what is being laid out and also get how clearly quantum physics is detailed within this interview go back and watch the youtube vid' you posted on this forum on Michio Kaku - On Aliens On Physics.

In this it is said & I quote 'What if ET's do not come from another planet but rather from another dimension that we are unaware of' then '5 years ago such a concept would have been considered ludicrous, however, with the discovery of Quantum Physics . . . ' This was all explained in the Vedas thousands of years ago and rather than insisting you just agreed with these beliefs and assumptions tools were developed so anyone could know this for themselves - not intellectually but fully and completely. These can be found described in the upanishads and various other literature from this time and before, such as tantra.

The same Michio Kaku link has quotes about Einstein trying to 'read the mind of god' - then M theory is mentioned, the 11th dimension and how until very recently this was considered bizarre in the world of physics - This was all explained in the Vedas and go back and read the above about the Vedas litlle children.

DarkKnight
Paranormal Investigator
Paranormal Investigator

Post by DarkKnight » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Amyrose I can see your just going to keep up the psycho babble and ciruclar structure of argument.

You still never did answer my question and both MJ and Falkor answered correctly on my behalf.

:|