the best 10 minute summary of real ET I have ever read

Hey anything goes BUT friendly not foey!!
falkor
Cleric
Cleric

the best 10 minute summary of real ET I have ever read

Post by falkor » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:40 pm

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomch ... ng-aliens/

Here's a great summary dated Dec 7th 2011, I have read it, it takes 10 minutes to read and by the end of it YOU KNOW

This is the best 10 minute summary of real ET I have ever read, check it out!! I am sure some of you will disagree with it but I don't! what do you think of it? :green:

Lex

Re: the best 10 minute summary of real ET I have ever read

Post by Lex » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi Falkor!..Thanks for the link.

It was indeed an interesting read!

The man makes a good , 'if rather pessimistic' case for the absolute rarity of life in the known universe!
But as I am a firm believer in the ETH, I have to express my opinion that the logic used by the scientific journalist to calculate the possibilities of the existence of Extraterrestrial Life is flawed!
The reason for this opinion is that Mr Chivers has, like so many other clever and practical men/women , negated the need to factor in the 'Unknown Element'!...By this I mean that he made no reference to the very-real possibilities that there could be many levels of 'Life-Form'. For instance there could be a plethora of life-forms that we human beings are not even able to recognise...a life-form that operates on a different visual and audible spectrum,..so we cannot even see or hear them!
There may be life-forms that exist in a slightly different time frame, thus rendering those too undetectable to us!
And his main point seems to be that we are looking only for familiar signs of what we presently deem acceptable as life-forms...Oxygen dependant, Cell driven, Time evolving life-forms that fit the current criteria of our human imaginations.
Who are we to say what is the possible criterion for unknown life to have evolved in this ancient and infinite universe!

The second omission that Mr Chivers makes in his assessment of the possibilities of us having 'Cosmic-Neighbours' is that he does not take into account the myriad of spoken, written and even drawn testimonies including solid trace-evidence and many radar confirmations from literally countless numbers of first hand witnesses,numerous accounts emanating from good, solid, reliable and even scientific witnesses that we are, and have been for as long as human records have existed, visited by Extraterrestrials, either from another planet or another dimension, or both!
Even if Mr Chivers believes firmly that all of the said reports and records of other-worldly visitation are false, misidentification or just sheer flights of fancy...I for one cannot give credence to an analysis of the possibilities of 'Life Elsewhere' without taking such a vast body of anecdotal and trace evidence into account!

Of course this is only my personal opinion, and may well be wrong...but this is how I perceive the Extraterrestrial Question.

Cheers.

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Lex nice reply m8 but hold up
Lex wrote: By this I mean that he made no reference to the very-real possibilities that there could be many levels of 'Life-Form'.
errr he did
Chivers wrote:But sci-fi fans shouldn't get too excited just yet: as always with these stories, the likelihood is that we have not met the neighbours. Or, if we have, they probably aren't very exciting conversationalists.
different time frame?
Lex wrote:There may be life-forms that exist in a slightly different time frame, thus rendering those too undetectable to us!
well yeah, such a case could apply here on Earth, we don't need to go 600 light years to think about that
Lex wrote: visited by Extraterrestrials, either from another planet or another dimension, or both!
look I'll tell you what a different Universe just maybe,but a different dimension ummmm no :lol:

thedeal
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by thedeal » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Lex wrote:Hi Falkor!..Thanks for the link.

It was indeed an interesting read!

The man makes a good , 'if rather pessimistic' case for the absolute rarity of life in the known universe!
But as I am a firm believer in the ETH, I have to express my opinion that the logic used by the scientific journalist to calculate the possibilities of the existence of Extraterrestrial Life is flawed!
The reason for this opinion is that Mr Chivers has, like so many other clever and practical men/women , negated the need to factor in the 'Unknown Element'!...By this I mean that he made no reference to the very-real possibilities that there could be many levels of 'Life-Form'. For instance there could be a plethora of life-forms that we human beings are not even able to recognise...a life-form that operates on a different visual and audible spectrum,..so we cannot even see or hear them!
There may be life-forms that exist in a slightly different time frame, thus rendering those too undetectable to us!
And his main point seems to be that we are looking only for familiar signs of what we presently deem acceptable as life-forms...Oxygen dependant, Cell driven, Time evolving life-forms that fit the current criteria of our human imaginations.
Who are we to say what is the possible criterion for unknown life to have evolved in this ancient and infinite universe!

The second omission that Mr Chivers makes in his assessment of the possibilities of us having 'Cosmic-Neighbours' is that he does not take into account the myriad of spoken, written and even drawn testimonies including solid trace-evidence and many radar confirmations from literally countless numbers of first hand witnesses,numerous accounts emanating from good, solid, reliable and even scientific witnesses that we are, and have been for as long as human records have existed, visited by Extraterrestrials, either from another planet or another dimension, or both!
Even if Mr Chivers believes firmly that all of the said reports and records of other-worldly visitation are false, misidentification or just sheer flights of fancy...I for one cannot give credence to an analysis of the possibilities of 'Life Elsewhere' without taking such a vast body of anecdotal and trace evidence into account!

Of course this is only my personal opinion, and may well be wrong...but this is how I perceive the Extraterrestrial Question.

Cheers.
Hi Lex, i agree with your points above and there is also the (ego factor) to add,i have found in my occupation and im sure it must be applicable to others who study distant planets or space travel,the point i mean is if i cant find life it isnt there and if i cant travel to a distant star then they can travel here,i think the ego of many scientists gets in the way of serious study of the ETH.

T D

Lex

Post by Lex » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 am

falkor wrote:Lex nice reply m8 but hold up
Lex wrote: By this I mean that he made no reference to the very-real possibilities that there could be many levels of 'Life-Form'.
errr he did
Chivers wrote:But sci-fi fans shouldn't get too excited just yet: as always with these stories, the likelihood is that we have not met the neighbours. Or, if we have, they probably aren't very exciting conversationalists.
But what about the superior lifeforms that our inferior sentience cannot even register?

different time frame?
Lex wrote:There may be life-forms that exist in a slightly different time frame, thus rendering those too undetectable to us!
well yeah, such a case could apply here on Earth, we don't need to go 600 light years to think about that

Agreed!...But weren't we speaking of 'Extraterrestrial Lifeforms', and not 'Extra-dimensional Lifeforms'?
Lex wrote: visited by Extraterrestrials, either from another planet or another dimension, or both!
look I'll tell you what a different Universe just maybe,but a different dimension ummmm no :lol:
Why not Falkor?...When Psychics and paranormal researchers have long suspected one or more parallel universes, and have often speculated that there may be doorways or "portals" in certain areas that allow entities to travel into our dimension. These entities may be spirits, demons, extraterrestrials, or something we have never even imagined!.. Indeed, even Albert Einstein speculated about the possibility of the existence of a parallel universe..and he was nobody's idea of a foolish speculator was he?.....

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/F ... 01653.html

Cheers.

Lex

Post by Lex » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:21 am

Hi the deal!

Thanks for the reply buddy !....And I have to say that I am in total agreement with your assessment of 'The Ego Factor'!
I do not know the nature of your occupation, but I would concur with your hypotheses of the (ego factor) being a mighty obstacle for many scientists with regards to serious study of the ETH!

Cheers.

thedeal
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by thedeal » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Lex im a mechanical engineer and ive worked on many projects where the team say it cant be done and one member says it can, he will be told he doesnt know what he's talking about because they cant see the answer, when he shows them the solution some of the team will congradulate him others will blank him as there egos have had a shock and this in my oppinion stops a lot of serious research into the ETH.

T D

Lex

Post by Lex » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:43 pm

thedeal wrote:Hi Lex im a mechanical engineer and ive worked on many projects where the team say it cant be done and one member says it can, he will be told he doesnt know what he's talking about because they cant see the answer, when he shows them the solution some of the team will congradulate him others will blank him as there egos have had a shock and this in my oppinion stops a lot of serious research into the ETH.

T D
Yes ,sadly it is a human trait "thedeal", I have often thought that if more scientists were to drop the attitude and open up their minds , then perhaps the ETH wouldn't just be a hypotheses!

Cheers .

thedeal
Gatherer
Gatherer

Post by thedeal » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Lex wrote:
thedeal wrote:Hi Lex im a mechanical engineer and ive worked on many projects where the team say it cant be done and one member says it can, he will be told he doesnt know what he's talking about because they cant see the answer, when he shows them the solution some of the team will congradulate him others will blank him as there egos have had a shock and this in my oppinion stops a lot of serious research into the ETH.

T D
Yes ,sadly it is a human trait "thedeal", I have often thought that if more scientists were to drop the attitude and open up their minds , then perhaps the ETH wouldn't just be a hypotheses!

Cheers .

Agreed 100%

T D

mj12cz
Cleric
Cleric

Post by mj12cz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:46 pm

I think there is more parallel universes out there that we can imagine. I suspect during the Philadelphia experiment this was what they stumbled on.

It was said after that it was like tuning a radio into a new universe. lets face it we know that using a singularity we can bend space and time itself. Who know what that can open up???

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Post by falkor » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:32 pm

I dread to think

when SETI was first set up the question was posed, "What if SETI receives a confirmed signal from an inteligent civilisation?"

Stephen Hawking quickly proclaimed "Do not reply, our resources would be plundered and we need them ourselves"

THAT WAS STEPHEN HAWKING who said that :x