Grettings all!

What are you? Butcher? Baker? or Candlestick Maker?
Thulsadoom
Scribe
Scribe

Grettings all!

Post by Thulsadoom » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi!
I'm someone who's been interested in the topic of UFOs and abductions for as long as I can remember, but never really shared that interest outside of the occasional discussion with friends and reading lots of books on the subject matter. I thought it was about time I found a forum like this to chat with other fascinated people.

As for what got me interested in the subject... I come at it from many directions. For starters, I'm an enormous science fiction fan. (Please don't see that as a bad thing that trivialises the subject matter of UFOs and Abductions). It's because there's a big part of me that likes to wonder, and question what's out there, and science fiction is, to me, part of that human desire to look outward, dream of more, and think about greater topics than what the latest football scores are, or what celebrity just publicly humiliated themselves. Secondly, while not religious myself, I came from a religious family and was brought up to question things and make up my own mind. My father (despite being a priest) and my mother had always had an interest and fascination with the 'unexplained', and that rubbed off on me.

Probably like many, I have always maintained a background fascination, because once you read enough about UFOs and the subject matter, you realise that despite the wildest claims that make the subject ridiculed by the outside world, there is a core of cases and evidence that would make for a clear-cut case in a court of law, if it was about any other day-to-day occurrence. And once you realise that and get that briefest hint of what's behind the curtain, you can't really forget or ignore the subject matter.

Any way, that's me, and I look forward to reading what everyone has to say here, and getting the chance to voice my own thoughts as well. :-)

falkor
Cleric
Cleric

Re: Grettings all!

Post by falkor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 am

Thulsadoom wrote: I thought it was about time I found a forum like this to chat with other fascinated people.
welcome Thulsadoom but this is 1 UFO forum of 100 Ufo forums across the UK, how did you come to choose us? :P
Thulsadoom wrote:I come at it from many directions. For starters, I'm an enormous science fiction fan. (Please don't see that as a bad thing that trivialises the subject matter of UFOs and Abductions).
Yes I'm a huge sci fi fan too - have you seen MOON? love that

Any way, that's me, and I look forward to reading what everyone has to say here, and getting the chance to voice my own thoughts as well
Perfect new member statement, welcome aboard :b-)

Thulsadoom
Scribe
Scribe

Re: Grettings all!

Post by Thulsadoom » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi falkor, I just did a google for UFO forums to be honest, and yours was one of the first (and better looking) ones I saw. :-) And yep, not only seen MOON but got it on Blu ray. ;-D really excellent little film. Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to many chats here! :-)